Cross Country Grand Prix
Ryston Runners AC provide an Open Cross-Country Grand Prix Series every year - 6 races - from October to March. Races take place in woods at Shouldham Warren, in West Norfolk, on various Sundays starting at 11:00am (Please see below for details). These races are suitable for runners of all ages and all abilities, there are some very fast course records there to aim at as well as a field that extends through to first timers where you can almost be guaranteed not to come last. You don't have to be a member of a club to run so come along, join in the friendly atmosphere and see what you're missing out on.
Series proudly sponsored by The Insurance Office - Please visit their website http://www.tiokl.co.uk/
Sunday 13th October 2013 (5km)
Sunday 17th November 2013 (9km)
Sunday 15th December 2013 (6.5km)
Sunday 19th January 2014 (5km)
Sunday 16th February 2014 (9km)
Sunday 23rd March 2014 (6.5km)
Under 9: 800m on each occasion - Starting at 11:00
Under 11: 2km on each occasion - Starting at 11:05
Under 13 & 15: 3km on each occasion - Starting at 11:20
Under 17: 5.0k, 4.5k, 6.5k, 5.0k, 4.5k, 6.5k - Starting at 11:40
Seniors & Vets Alternate: 5.0k, 9.0k, 6.5k, 5.0k, 9.0k, 6.5k - Starting at 11:40
Under 9, 11, 13, 15, 17 & Students in full time education £2
All others £4 (NB +£2.00 for non club members)
All entries on the day of the event - please check in by 10:30 a.m (or at least 30 mins before your start time)
Come prepared for racing as there are no toilet or changing facilities at this venue. Races are under UKA rules , except for under 9 and 11s , where athletes compete at their own risk.
- Prizes will be awarded to the first three in each age group for each days racing.
- Series prizes will be awarded to the first three in each age group according to the aggregate time for one each of 5km, 9km, 6.5km races. (5km, 4.5km, 6.5km in case of U17s). Age groups under 15 and below will aggregate their 3 best times. Veterans will score in the age group for which they have 3 valid times. Mementos will be presented to non medal winners who complete the appropriate 3 races.
- There is an inter club competition in which clubs score points for finishing positions in each age group, the winner being awarded the visitors cup.
- There is a primary schools competition in which the under 9 & 11s score points for finishing positions, the first 3 schools being awarded shields.
- There is a trophy for the most improved club.
Cross Country Location
Please be aware that road access is only available via Shouldham (Warren Road) or Marham (Spring lane)